Join our Team and prove your outstanding Qualities.
If one of your aims is to take on challenging responsibilities in an exclusive environment, you already meet the first and most important requirement to join us, and start a successful career aboard one of the Hapag-Lloyd Cruises ships.
However, of course there are also a few other aspects that are extremely important to us and to our customers. We have summarized these for you on this page.
Why not join us on a virtual tour? Our videos will give you a first impression of what working and living aboard our cruise ships is like.
Requirements you must meet to apply for a job on board
- Vocational qualification or several years of professional experience in the job you would like to apply for.
- Minimum age: 21 years
- Good knowledge of German
- Good knowledge of English - you must be able to communicate well in English.
- We will assess your language skills before we employ you.
- Dedication and a passionate approach to your job.
- Availability: initially approx. five months (or, in the Cruise Staff/Tourism area, two-and-a-half to four months)
- Valid passport (valid for at least one year after joining date), medical fitness for sea service certificate, as well as all relevant safety and security certificates. You do not have to obtain any of these certificates until we have made you a definitive job offer (after your job interview).
- Willing to work a "7-day week", and to share a cabin with a colleague.
- The open-mindedness and flexibility to work in an international team.
A warm welcome to sea chefs!